Monday, May 26, 2008

happy memorial day


I am spending my holiday packing so that I can fly to Colorado Springs, CO tommorrow to watch my sister Amber graduate from the Air Force Academy. It is a 3 day long process to graduate from the academy. There are ceremonies and presentation of wings and all kinds of formal dress required for this and that award banquets. It is a little bitter sweet. My dad passed away two years shy of watching her graduate. He was always the one pushing her into joining the Air Force. My mom is already there with various other relatives. I will get to meet my sister's boyfriend for the first time. I can't help but reflect on how very different we are and all the paths that you can take in life. I super proud of her for sticking by her convictions but also worried where she will be sent and into what?

No comments: