Tuesday, August 19, 2008




Meet my neighbor Dolly. Her eyes speak volumes to me. She has had quite a life.
She started life as a resident of New Orleans but Hurricane Katrina displaced her and she lost her home. She then adopted by my neighbor's daughter who lived in New York City at the time. She spent several years living in a downtown sky scrapper. Her second home got displaced when my neighbor's daughter had to give her up because of a move to Argentina.
Now she lives here in San Diego. I wish I could ask her about her experiences and what effect all this change has had on her but she is usually too busy chasing hummingbirds from my sweet broom bush.


P.S. What a shock! Have you heard of the kit club called Gypsy Rose Paperie (http://gypsyrosepaperie.com/).. they have the most cutting edge kits ever.. think Somerset Memories.. well anyways.. I sent them a little email letting them know about how much I love their site and how I was inspired to do a layout based on their vibe.. and they posted it on their blog!!! What an honor :)

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Woot Woot!! How cool that they posted your email, but not as cool as that LO! Girl that thing is awesome!! Is that you on it? Hot Mama!!

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE that site!! AND that cat's eyes.
OH
MUH
GOSH
they just SCREAM emotions!! They are STUNNING.
Just FYI, official sign ups for my swap will start in the next day or two!! I'll have a special post for signing up!! SO stoked to have you in it!!

Unknown said...

Dana! I'm so sorry I didn't email you beforehand to let you know we were posting it... we're having kind of a crazy week around here. :) We loved it and were so happy you shared it that it *needed* to be posted on the site. Thanks again for sharing it with us!

Britta said...

oh Dana - this is SO great! Why did you only make it a PS? ;) this page rocks eventhough I now know that it isn´t you *lol*
hugs

Britta said...

oh Dana - this is SO great! Why did you only make it a PS? ;) this page rocks eventhough I now know that it isn´t you *lol*
hugs

blank said...

You rock!!! You are my hero!!!

elizabeth said...

total congrats!
i'm going to have to check it out.

and how serious does ms. dolly look! oh the stories i'm sure she could tell :)

Anonymous said...

Dolly is gorgeous!!! Beautiful green eyes!!!

Congrats on the props on our layout!!! That layout totally rocks!! It's no wonder they posted it!!

Alex said...

How cool is that??!!! That is awesome!!! And, the kitty is sooo cute! *STAMPIN HGUS* ALex

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that layout. Way to go Dina!!!

Greta Adams said...

girl that is awesome...i am so proud and let me say..they would be CA-RAZY like a fox not to have you GD for them ;)

**muah**

bethchien said...

Just visited the site. Looks cool and way suh-weet your page was on there. left you some love over there as well!

TTYL
B

Lisa said...

I've got 3 cats and I can say I've never seen a look like this one's. You can tell he's been through a lot, he looks worried.